"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are united" - Alexander von Humboldt

Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't Sweat It!


Are you feeling stressed, drained both physically and mentally? Do you need some form of a release that will make you feel recharged and rejuvenated? Then I have the perfect solution for you. Hot yoga combines all the stretch and strengthening poses of yoga on they are practiced in a heated room, usually around 90oF. This combination works to stretch, strengthen and tone the muscles while detoxifying the body and calming the mind.

I practice hot yoga at a local studio in Burlington called Moksha Yoga, and below I have provided some of the benefits they have heard from students taking their classes.

Students have reported that Moksha Yoga has helped them to:

• De-stress

• Lose weight

• Improve their immune systems

• Increase their cardiovascular abilities

• Feel more energized

But the benefits of Moksha Yoga go beyond the studio. Students have told us that Moksha Yoga has:

• Healed them emotionally and physically from the challenge of chemotherapy

• Improved their relationships with family members

• Increased their ability to focus

• Helped them heal from brain injury

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured."

- B.K.S. Iyengar.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try Yoga but with my schedule I have no time. Hopefully when this program is over I can take 5 min for myself and try it out!

    ReplyDelete