"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are united" - Alexander von Humboldt

Friday, January 29, 2010

Beginning Your Journey


Every year countless people make the most common New Year's resolution to get into shape. While I feel this is an excellent choice that many more people need to make, it doesn't happen over night and involves hard work on a number of different levels. Proper exercise requires sweat, concentration, determination but above all else dedication. I have found over the years that dedication is the most crucial element you will need to be successful, it's so easy to sit there and say " oh, I don't really feel like going to the gym today. I'll go tomorrow." But believe me I'm telling you when you find yourself following a routine you love your attitude will change, and you'll find yourself getting angry every time you skip a workout!

After a while you'll begin to see results not only in your physical appearance but you'll begin to notice that your health improves and your mind becomes more alert to the point where you can feel the difference.

For the next 8 weeks I will take you on an exercising adventure, allowing the body and the mind to experience several forms of exercise. From hot yoga to boxing I am going to push both body and mind. Interested? Then follow me on my movement journey and hopefully you'll fall in love with exercise just as mush as I have.

But wait! Before you begin it is important to make sure you have the following pieces:

- Proper fitting running shoes

- Workout clothing - remember it's not a fashion show!

- Water

- Towel (if you feel its necessary)

- If you like an iPod/MP3

"If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end." – Julius Erving


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about dedication being the key factor. I find that I have gone through periods of laziness and definitely pay the price! When I drag myself to the gym it is not long before I am feeling the rush. This keeps me going back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a period of laziness, for sure. Since school started in September, eating chocolate for energy has fit into my schedule much better than exercise. Too bad the results of my exercise plan show so much.

    ReplyDelete