"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are united" - Alexander von Humboldt

Monday, March 22, 2010

Be Healthy, Be Happy


As I look back on the last 8 weeks of blogging I would just like to thank everyone who followed my through this journey. Physical activity has always and will always be an important aspect in my life and I hope that I have motivated some of you to share in my views.

Whether you go for a 20 minute walk in the park or take out all our rage and frustrations on a punching bag, being physically active will improve not only the body but the mind as well. It is important to always remember that the body and mind go hand-in-hand, and when one is health the other will sure to follow.

Before I leave I would just like to leave you with a few quotes that have left a lasting impression on me when it comes to staying physically fit, and hopefully they will have the same impact on you as well!

"Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states." - Carol Welch

"A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs." - Joan Welsh

"A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

"If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end." – Julius Erving

“A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs.” - Joan Welsh

No comments:

Post a Comment