"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are united" - Alexander von Humboldt

Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't Sweat It!


Are you feeling stressed, drained both physically and mentally? Do you need some form of a release that will make you feel recharged and rejuvenated? Then I have the perfect solution for you. Hot yoga combines all the stretch and strengthening poses of yoga on they are practiced in a heated room, usually around 90oF. This combination works to stretch, strengthen and tone the muscles while detoxifying the body and calming the mind.

I practice hot yoga at a local studio in Burlington called Moksha Yoga, and below I have provided some of the benefits they have heard from students taking their classes.

Students have reported that Moksha Yoga has helped them to:

De-stress

Lose weight

Improve their immune systems

Increase their cardiovascular abilities

Feel more energized

But the benefits of Moksha Yoga go beyond the studio. Students have told us that Moksha Yoga has:

Healed them emotionally and physically from the challenge of chemotherapy

Improved their relationships with family members

Increased their ability to focus

Helped them heal from brain injury

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured."

- B.K.S. Iyengar.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try Yoga but with my schedule I have no time. Hopefully when this program is over I can take 5 min for myself and try it out!

    ReplyDelete